Sunday, January 2, 2011

ponderings at epiphany

The magi offered gold to proclaim Christ's kingship, incense to adore His Godhead, and myrrh to acknowledge His mortality. If the Holy Family came-a-knockin' at your door today, what gifts would YOU offer Sweet Baby Jesus on bended knee (assuming your heart, your soul, your mind, and your strength are part of the package)?

Me?

I'd have to say my Yamaha keyboard, as it is the most precious thing I own. Sorry, St. Joseph, but it doesn't have a case or wheels. Hope you're up for carrying it all the way to Egypt.

Then also an adore-able newborn outfit from Target. I am a compass and that aisle is magnetic north. Really.

Finally, potica (rhymes with "pizza" ... po - TEET - sa ... in your very best Slovene accent). This doughy Christmas tradition in my family is an intense labor of love--and, hey, a baby's gotta eat.

No comments: