Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Sleeping Chatterbox

Kelly reported this morning that last night in my sleep I said as clearly as if I were awake:

"Aww...cute!"
"I bet there are some very cute babies."

::pause::

"Here I am."
"Two years."
"These people."

And then I started to snore.

Sounds like my unconscious mind was hard at work. Psychoanalyze me!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

I'm at work so I can't spend too long on psychoanalysis, but here's what I'm thinking. . .

Julie sees Baby Isley for the first time and says, "Aww . . . cute!"

Kate replies,"Yeah, Aaron and I had a lot of fun picking out our baby at the Cabbage Patch."

To which Julie says, "I bet there are some very cute babies."

Kate says, "Yeah, there really were, but I think that this baby really tops them all. Have you ever known someone who was such a cute baby?"

"Here I am," Julie says with her hands on her hips, trying not to be rude but reminding Kate that she was a very, very cute baby.

"So, how long do you think we should keep the baby?" asks Kate.

"Two years," Julie promptly replies, thinking that toddlers can be a lot of work.

"Well, who will want a baby that past its prime?" asks Kate.

"These people," says Julie as she points to Maria, Nicole, Meghan and Kristin.

Jules said...

Love it!

Nickie said...

In response to Meghan: sheer genius. Are you sure you don't have an inner psych major? Because I was pretty sure that, in this circle, psychoanalysis was my job, but you've outdone yourself and demonstrated a keen perception. Father Freud is proud.