Scary experience this afternoon. I was driving out to Kristi's house to take her and her husband dinner--their second child, Anthony, is a week old! Merging onto the interstate there was usual traffic--everyone moving along at about 55. In the split second that I glanced over my left shoulder to change lanes, somewhere far ahead of me a huge, red pick-up smashed into another car and everyone slammed on their breaks. By the time I looked back it was too late for me to slow down in a controlled fashion. My tires squealing in the background I was thinking, "This is it. I hope the crash doesn't hurt too badly. Maybe it'll get me out of capstone..." And then all of a sudden I was driving past the whole thing--the road ahead completely clear.
It could have only been my guardian angel. Some serious violations to the laws of physics took place.
I was really shaken up—still am a little, but I just exited as soon as I could and took the main roads back to the Cathedral. I called Kristi to explain and arrange another way to get dinner to her and then went in to the Cathedral for a little music therapy with the sanctuary's grand piano until Mass started. Mass calmed me down, but I still feel somewhat frightened even though I’m in the safety of my own living room. I think I’ll go to bed early…
1 comment:
Wow, Jules! I am so glad that you are okay! I definitely think that God worked a miracle right in front of your eyes! I love you!
Post a Comment